Receiving Operation Guidelines
All Shipping Plans (SPs) will be spot-checked for accuracy to continue offering uniformity across our warehouse network.
Here is how it will work:
- All Shipping plans will be spot checked.
- Accurate spot check: We will check at least one carton per Shipping Plan. If that carton is accurate, we will not count the individual units for the remaining cartons. We will assume the remainder is accurate and received in full (according to the SP) without additional count. There is no charge to you when the spot check is accurate. So that you know, SH will not be liable for any underage/overage within 1.5% for SPs that pass our spot check process.
- Inaccurate spot check: ShipHero will count the entire SP to ensure an accurate inventory if the spot check shows a discrepancy. You, the merchant, are responsible for the cost of SH, counting the entire SP. You will be charged on an hourly basis. Work completed in the US $45/hr. USD and work completed in Canada $45/hr CAD.
- If we find that your Shipping Plans or certain vendors are inaccurate, we will always require a full count upon receiving them, and you will be charged for that labor.
If the products within your Shipping Plan are deemed non-compliant, you will be subject to a $35 fine.
In addition, added fees for labor and supplies may also be incurred to mark your Shipping plan as compliant for efficient receiving.
If your products ( less than 50 units) arrive un-barcoded, you will be charged $0.18 to barcode per unit. If you have more than 50 units, it will be considered a Special Project. Click HERE for more info.
All non-compliant Shipping Plans that arrive at the warehouse may be subject to automatic fees if:
- Don't have an appointment scheduled
- Don't have a Shipping Plan created
- Don't have clear pallet/carton tags applied
- Don't have scannable barcodes on each case and/or unit
- Have an incomplete packing slip and units
- Have mixed SKUs in one box
All non-compliant Shipping Plans that arrive at the warehouse may be subject to automatic fees:
- First offense:$35 non-compliance fine, as well as additional costs for labor and supplies to make the delivery compliant.
- Second offense:$75 non-compliance fine, as well as additional costs for labor and supplies to make the delivery compliant.
- Third offense:$125 non-compliance fine, as well as additional costs for labor and supplies to make the delivery compliant.
While creating your Shipping plan, you will be reminded of this process to avoid fees.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if I want ShipHero to count my SP in full every time instead of a spot check?
A: ShipHero is always happy to count all inventory. You will be charged $45/hour for this additional service. Please submit a ticket HERE to confirm how you would like to proceed.
Q: Why is ShipHero implementing this policy?
A: We want to ensure an accurate inventory account in our warehouses.
We need to charge Merchants who send in inaccurate inventory to do this.
- Read more about our receiving guidelines HERE
- You can also watch our FAI ( First article inspection) video: