Receiving Operation Guidelines
All Shipping Plans (SPs) will be spot-checked for accuracy to continue offering uniformity across our warehouse network.
Here is how it will work:
- All Shipping plans will be spot checked.
- Accurate spot check: We will check at least one carton per Shipping Plan. If that carton is accurate, we will not count the individual units for the remaining cartons. We will assume the remainder is accurate and received in full (according to the SP) without additional count. There is no charge to you when the spot check is accurate. So that you know, SH will not be liable for any underage/overage within 1.5% for SPs that pass our spot check process.
- Inaccurate spot check: ShipHero will count the entire SP to ensure an accurate inventory if the spot check shows a discrepancy. You, the merchant, are responsible for the cost of SH, counting the entire SP. You will be charged on an hourly basis. Work completed in the US $45/hr. USD and work completed in Canada $50/hr CAD.
- If we find that your Shipping Plans or certain vendors need to be more accurate, we will always require a full count upon receiving them, and you will be charged for that labor.
If the products within your Shipping Plan are deemed non-compliant, you will be subject to a $35 fine.
In addition, added fees for labor and supplies may also be incurred to mark your Shipping plan as compliant for efficient receiving.
If your products arrive un-barcoded, you will be charged $0.18 in the US and $0.25 CAD in CA to barcode per unit. This will be considered a Special Project. Click HERE for more info.
All non-compliant Shipping Plans that arrive at the warehouse may be subject to automatic fees if:
- Don't have an appointment scheduled.
- Don't have a Shipping Plan created.
- Don't have clear pallet/carton tags applied.
- Don't have scannable barcodes on each case and/or unit. If shipping master cases they must have case barcodes - please ensure they do not match individual barcodes. The scannable barcode on the case represents the quantity in the case. Inside the case, the barcode should represent the quantity of each. More about master case barcodes HERE.
- Have an incomplete packing slip and units.
- Have mixed SKUs in one box, and it's not specified on the label or clearly separated using dividers or poly. Applicable to ALL boxes received at warehouses, including individual boxes on pallets.
- Have mixed SKUs or Lots on pallets, and it is not specified on the carton label or pallet label.
- Ship less than 25 units per SKU on the shipping plan if you have Rock Returns integrations.
- Don't follow our Inbound pallet height restriction = Less than 63" in height and no double-stacked skids.
All non-compliant Shipping Plans that arrive at the warehouse may be subject to automatic fees:
- First offense:$35 non-compliance fine, as well as additional costs for labor and supplies to make the delivery compliant.
- Second offense:$75 non-compliance fine, as well as additional costs for labor and supplies to make the delivery compliant.
- Third offense:$125 non-compliance fine, as well as additional costs for labor and supplies to make the delivery compliant.
- If offenses continue, you will be charged $125 for the non-compliance fines.
- If you have Rock Returns integration and the Shipping Plan is Non-compliant you will be charged $1 per unit to receive.
While creating your Shipping plan, a pop up will alert you about the possible fees:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if I want ShipHero to count my SP in full every time instead of a spot check?
A: ShipHero is always happy to count all inventory. For this extra service, the fees will be $45 per hour in the US and $50 CAD in Canada. Please submit a ticket HERE to confirm how you want to proceed.
Q: Why is ShipHero implementing this policy?
A: We want to ensure an accurate inventory account in our warehouses.
We need to charge Merchants who send in inaccurate inventory to do this.
- Read more about our receiving guidelines HERE
- You can also watch our FAI ( First article inspection) video: