What is a kitting process?
Kitting is a technique where different but related items are ordered, packaged, and shipped together as a single "kit." Our Special project team preassembles the kits, so our team can ship them immediately after receiving orders. This eliminates the need to individually pick, pack and ship each item.
The kit SKU does not need to be a kit in ShipHero app if we are going to pre-assemble it.
Steps to require ShipHero to prepare your kit:
If a kitting service is needed, we create a work order. Our special project team will need the following information:
- Please assign an SKU name and barcode number for your store's finished product - the Assembly Sku.
- Please ensure all the components (including boxes, marketing material, etc.) have an SKU name assigned.
- You can open a ticket HERE to initiate your Kit preparation request.
- In the ticket, include the Assembly SKU’s name and the total quantity that needs to be pre-built, and provide the SKU components and the amount of each.
- Your Assembly SKU must be different than your components.
- Once the kitting is completed, the Special Projects team will update the ticket.
- You will get charged a minimum of $45/hr ( US) and $50/hr CAD for Kitting and Assembly per labor and any other packaging fees if needed.
- Please have a look at the packing pricing attached HERE.