What is a kitting process?
Kitting is a technique where different but related items are ordered, packaged, and shipped together as a single "kit." Our Special project team preassembles the kits so, as soon as orders are received, our team can ship them immediately.
This eliminates the need to individually pick, pack and ship each item.
Steps to require ShipHero to prepare your kit:
If a kitting service is needed, our special project team will need the following information:
- Create the order including SKUS component and quantities ( Example: if you have Kit A and it is made up of 3 components and you want 300 pre-built, the order should consist of: Component 1 = 300 units, Component 2 = 300 units, Component 3= 300 units)
- Include box SKUs if you sent us the box for the kit.
- Place the order on hold on the ShipHero order page. Find how to do it HERE
- Create a shipping plan for the finished goods SKU. (Example Kit A = 300) Find how to do it HERE
- Open a ticket HERE to initiate your Kit preparation request
- Add the Order # and Shipping plan #
- Please provide all relevant information in your ticket so our Special Project team can provide a quote and timeline for your order.
- Once the warehouse has completed the task, the Special project team will let you know the timeline.
- Once the Kit is completed, the shipping plan will be marked as "Closed” in the system.
- You will get charged separately based on the service provided.