Dropship is an order fulfillment method that accepts customer orders without keeping stock on hand.
At ShipHero fulfillment, there are two approaches to this method:
- Dropship as a Service: ShipHero stocks and ships products for you as a supplement to D2C shipping, acting as the drop shipper.
- Mark your Dropship products: Identify the products you want to avoid ShipHero shipping due to an external dropshipping service, where ShipHero does not act as the drop shipper.
1-Dropship as a Service with ShipHero:
- Your Onboarding rep must set up your DropShip account or open a ticket HERE.
- ShipHero will know what products must be picked and packed at the warehouse.
- You will have a dropship order fee added to your agreement.
- You can choose whether you will use ShipHero shipping labels or your own labels.
2- Mark your products as "dropship-only" (ShipHero does not fulfill your drop-ship products):
- In your SFapp portal, click on Products.
- You can select the product you want to set as drop ship only.
- Check the dropship-only check box on the right side.
- Click save. Now if the drop ship-only product is marked, the order won't be set as a backorder.
- If you are marking a kit as a dropship containing a non-dropship component. The non-dropship items will be shipped by ShipHero anyway. You must delete the components from the kit if you don’t want them to ship from our facility.
- Please mark your products as dropship only in ShipHero and ensure that all kit components are kept as dropship if you are fulfilling the products to avoid double shipping or delays.
- Click here to learn how to manage Kits in the ShipHero App.
- If you have questions before you modify/create your Kits, please open a ticket with our support team HERE for advice.