Dropship is an order fulfillment method that accepts customer orders without keeping stock on hand.
At ShipHero fulfillment, there are two approaches to this method:
- Dropship as a Service: ShipHero stocks and ships products for you as a supplement to D2C shipping, acting as the drop shipper.
- Mark your Dropship products: Identify the products you want to avoid ShipHero shipping due to an external dropshipping service, where ShipHero does not act as the drop shipper.
1-Dropship as a Service with ShipHero:
- Your Onboarding rep must set up your DropShip account or open a ticket HERE.
- ShipHero will know what products must be picked and packed at the warehouse.
- You will have a dropship order fee added to your agreement.
- You can choose whether you will use ShipHero shipping labels or your own labels.
2- Mark your products as "dropship-only" (ShipHero does not fulfill your drop-ship products):
- In your SFapp portal, click on Products.
- You can select the product you want to set as drop ship only.
- Check the dropship-only check box on the right side.
- Click save. Now if the drop ship-only product is marked, the order won't be set as a backorder.
- If you are marking a kit as a dropship containing a non-dropship component. The non-dropship items will be shipped anyway. You must delete the components from the kit if you don’t want them to ship.
- Click here to learn how to manage Kits in the ShipHero App.
- If you have questions before you modify/create your Kits, please open a ticket with our support team HERE for advice.