Amazon's Fulfillment services assist the way businesses operate and customers shop. This article aims to answer some of the most common questions and shed some light on the essential aspects of Amazon's Integration opportunities.
When I run out of inventory at Amazon, I want ShipHero to fulfill orders instead of Amazon. How can I do this?
When you run out of inventory for FBA, you can switch on FBM for that product. Watch this video on How to Convert an FBA product to a Fulfilled by Merchant on Amazon Seller Central (1m40s).
How do I map SKU XYZ from Amazon to the product SKU XYZ_A at ShipHero?
There may be times when you have the same physical product at an Amazon location and in ShipHero but the SKU is different. To ensure that the correct product is picked by our team and have inventory updated accordingly please follow the steps below.
- Connect your Amazon store to ShipHero. Once Amazon is connected, we import the FBM SKUs automatically. Click HERE for more details.
NOTE: If you connect your Amazon store directly to ShipHero, it should not be connected to your Shopify store as this will cause integration problems with properly importing your products and orders.
- Make the FBM SKU a kit by adding the ShipHero SKU as a component. This way when orders are imported from Amazon, the warehouse will know to pick and ship SKU XYZ_A. To do this follow the steps below.
- Go to the Products Page in SFapp and look up SKU XYZ.
- Open the product details page and scroll to the Kit Components section.
- Click Add Components and enter SKU XYZ_A.
- Save changes.
Amazon is deprecating its Marketplace Web Service API, which we use to interact with Seller Central. Amazon Marketplace Web Service (MWS) will no longer be available after March 31, 2024 - All MWS developers must migrate to Selling Partner API (SP-API) to avoid service disruptions. More info HERE.