These receiving guidelines are in place so that our warehouse teams can process your products quickly and start shipping for you. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us to keep operations running smoothly.
You can view our Terms of Service HERE.
Peak Season 2022–2023 (11/1/22 – 1/5/23)
- Inventory that does not follow our guidelines will be subject to longer wait times.
- We reserve the right to refuse inventory that is in violation of our receiving guidelines.
- During peak season, same-day shipping is not guaranteed.
You must ship your goods ahead so we can receive and ship on peak dates:
- To ship by Christmas: Your inventory must be received before November 25.
- To ship by Black Friday: Your inventory must be received before November 4.
All freight deliveries must be scheduled with ShipHero.
- US schedules: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646-847-0347
- Canada schedules: Email email@example.com or call 1-877-261-1107
- LTL shipments need to be scheduled at least 24hrs in advance.
- FTL and containers need to be scheduled 72hrs in advance.
- Small parcel if you are sending in a batch that has 20 boxes/cartons or more it needs to be scheduled 24hs advance.
- We only receive inventory on weekdays Mondays to Fridays between 7 am - 3 pm warehouse local time.
- All unscheduled deliveries will incur a $500 fee and may be turned away if no dock is available.
Shipping Requirements for Small Parcel/Freight
- Each box must have the ShipHero Fulfillment box label visibly placed on the outer boxes
- If pallets, each pallet must have the ShipHero Fulfillment pallet tag visible
- If mixed pallets (more than 1 SKU on a pallet), this must be indicated on the pallet tag.
Floor Loaded Containers
There is no unloading charge for shipments that arrive on pallets or via a small parcel carrier such as DHL, UPS, or FedEx.
If you send floor-loaded containers (not on pallets), then the following fees will apply:
- For a 20-foot container: $450*
- For a 40-foot container: $650*
- Palletize: $27 / pallet
*Note: These prices are subject to further charges due to box dimensions and/or weight.
If you are sending a floor-loaded container, you will need to alert ShipHero at least 72 hours in advance.
You can view all freight services and costs HERE.
If the products within your Shipping Plan are deemed non-compliant, you may be subject to a $25 fine.
In addition, added fees for labor and supplies may also be incurred in order to mark your Shipping plan as compliant for efficient receiving.
If your products arrive un-barcoded you will be charged $0.10 cents to barcode per unit.
Receiving Operation Guidelines
To continue to offer free receiving and have uniformity in receiving across our warehouse network, all Shipping Plans (SPs) will be spot checked for accuracy. Here is how it will work:
- All Shipping plans will be spot checked.
- Accurate spot check: We will check at least one carton per SP. If that carton is accurate, we will not count the individual units for the remaining cartons. We will assume the remainder is accurate and receive in full (according to the SP) without an additional count. There is no charge to you when the spot check is accurate. Please note that SH will not be liable for any underage/overage within 1.5% for SPs that pass our spot check process.
- Inaccurate spot check: If the spot check shows a discrepancy, ShipHero will count the entire SP to ensure we have an accurate inventory. You, the merchant, are responsible for the cost of SH counting the entire SP. You will be charged on an hourly basis. Work completed in the US $40/hr. USD and work completed in Canada $42/hr CAD.
- If we find that your Shipping Plans or certain vendors are always inaccurate we will always require a full count upon receiving and you will be charged for that labor.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if I want SH to always count my SP in full every time, as opposed to a spot check?
A: ShipHero is happy to always count all inventory. You will be charged $40/hour for this additional service. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm this is how you would like to proceed.
Q: Why is ShipHero implementing this policy?
A: We want to allow for FREE receiving when our Merchants and their vendors send in accurate inventory (compliant shipping plans). In addition, we want to make sure we have an accurate account of inventory in our warehouse.
In order to do this, we need to charge Merchants who send in inaccurate inventory.
All non-compliant Shipping Plans that arrive at the warehouse may be subject to automatic fees:
- First offense: $35 non-compliance fine, as well as additional costs for labor and supplies to make the delivery compliant.
- Second offense: $75 non-compliance fine, as well as additional costs for labor and supplies to make the delivery compliant.
- Third offense: $125 non-compliance fine, as well as additional costs for labor and supplies to make the delivery compliant.
Receiving Timelines for Compliant Shipments
- Less than 6 pallets (small parcel shipments included): Between 3-5 business days from arrival day. During peak season, our receiving can take 5-7 business days.
- Over 6 pallets but less than truckload: Up to 7 business days from arrival day.
- Truckload (26 pallets)/half container: 7-10 business days from arrival day.
- Full container - Less than 2 full containers: Up to 14 business days from arrival day.
Note that for the above timelines, arrival day is considered day 0 (cero).
Important: If you know in advance that your Shipping Plan will arrive at any of our fulfillment centers in a non-compliant state, such as requiring barcodes, bagging, SKU missing, or lacking required shipping plan labels etc, please notify our support team at least 48hrs before expected delivery to our warehouses. You can easily submit a ticket HERE or email email@example.com.