Keeping track of your inventory is crucial for the success of your business.
A stock-keeping unit or SKU is a number or name assigned to a product for inventory management.
An SKU is a unique identifier assigned to each product.
ShipHero uses the SKUs you created in your store to identify your product. These SKUs must be unique for all your products and their variants. For instance, if you're selling a Red Dress in two different sizes, the SKUs would appear similar to this.
A barcode or UPC (Universal Product Code) represents data in a visual machine-readable form. Barcodes contain represented data by varying the width and spacing of parallel lines.
Why are barcodes and skus so important?
In the warehouse, we organize products by location and scan each product and SKU before shipping it to the parking area.
Checking your skus and barcodes helps our warehouse team pick the correct item and prevents shipping the wrong product to your end customers.
Please note that ShipHero cannot be held responsible for any incorrect shipments resulting from incorrect labeling of the product's barcode or SKU by the vendor or supplier.
Accurate barcodes and SKUs are crucial for efficient operations and timely order fulfillment.
To confirm, the product's SKU and barcode on your store should match the products (SKU and barcode) that are in stock or will be received at our facilities.
- It is possible to add multiple barcodes to a SKU profile. This is usually done when there is a need to update the UPC of a product. However, barcodes cannot be shared amongst multiple SKUs. To clarify, the same barcode cannot be used for different products. For example, SKU A can have two barcodes associated with it but cannot be shared with other SKUs example SKU B.
- When it comes to master cases, having case barcodes that do not match individual units is necessary. The barcode on the case that can be scanned represents the quantity in the case. Inside the case, a barcode is also used to identify the individual units. should represent the quantity of each. Read more HERE.
- It must be at least 5 digits and no more than 25 digits.
- No non-standard characters (such as an emoji)
- No spaces before or after.
- If you don't generate a UPC for each product in the store, the ShipHero app will auto-generate one for you.
- All barcodes must be printed on white background with black print.
- Barcode data in the product MUST match the Barcode data on the ShipHero product page.
- You can print barcodes directly from the ShipHero application or apply your own.
- To modify the barcodes field for your ShipHero product in the ShipHero app, you must make the changes before adding the product to the shipping plan. If you need help editing the barcode for any of your products, please feel free to contact the support team by opening a ticket.
Barcode preferred size: 52.5 mm x 29.7mm. Must be smaller than 2″ x 3"
ShipHero supports the following barcode types:
CODE 39 ASCII (EXTENDED)
CODE 39 Trioptic
DISCRETE 2 OF 5
EAN 128 + COMPOSITE
GS1 DATABAR EXPANDED STACKED
GS1 DATABAR EXTENDED
GS1 DATABAR LIMITED
KOREAN 3 OF 5
MATRIX 2 OF 5
RSS EXPANDED STACKED
UPC E (0)