A stock-keeping unit or SKU is a number or name assigned to a product for inventory management.
An SKU is a unique identifier assigned to each product.
ShipHero imports the SKUs you created in your store to identify your product. They must be unique across all your products and their variants. For example, if you're selling a Red Dress and it comes in two sizes, the SKUs would look something like this:
A barcode or UPC (Universal Product Code) represents data in a visual machine-readable form. Barcodes contain represented data by varying the width and spacing of parallel lines.
- A SKU can have multiple barcodes added to the SKU profile. A common use case is if you need to update the UPC on a product.
- Barcodes should not be shared across multiple SKUs. For clarity, you cannot use the same barcode on multiple products. ( SKU A can have two barcodes associated with it. SKU A's barcodes cannot be shared amongst any other SKUs)
- Mastercases must have case barcodes - please ensure they do not match individual units. The scannable barcode on the case represents the quantity in the case. Inside the case, the barcode should represent the quantity of each. Read more HERE.
- It must be at least 5 digits and no more than 25 digits.
- No non-standard characters (such as an emoji)
- No spaces before or after.
- If you don't generate a UPC for each product in the store, the ShipHero app will auto-generate one for you.
- All barcodes must be printed on white background with black print.
- Barcode data in the product MUST match the Barcode data on the ShipHero product page.
- You can print barcodes directly from the ShipHero application or apply your own.
- You can edit your barcodes field on your ShipHero product page only before you add the product to the shipping plan. You can open a Ticket with the support team if you need to edit your barcode for any of your products.
Barcode preferred size: 52.5 mm x 29.7mm. Must be smaller than 2″ x 3"
ShipHero supports the following barcode types:
CODE 39 ASCII (EXTENDED)
CODE 39 Trioptic
DISCRETE 2 OF 5
EAN 128 + COMPOSITE
GS1 DATABAR EXPANDED STACKED
GS1 DATABAR EXTENDED
GS1 DATABAR LIMITED
KOREAN 3 OF 5
MATRIX 2 OF 5
RSS EXPANDED STACKED
UPC E (0)