ShipHero will track lot and expiration for any products that have a lot/ expiration dates; the most common ones are the following:
- Any food products
- Vitamins or Supplements
- Pharmaceuticals or health products
- Personal care
- Cosmetic/ skincare products
How to send the products?
- As the Merchant, you must add the visible products' lots, expiration dates, and/or numbers then ShipHero will treat the product as requiring lots and expiration tracking.
- ShipHero is not responsible for relabeling or changing lots' dates on products.
- ShipHero will dispose of expired inventory at its discretion.
- Each product / SKU unit that requires tracking will incur a $0.05 USD ($0.07 CAD) shipping fee per unit shipped.
- Just to let you know, tracking is not optional according to FDA regulations.
- Do not mix lots of the same product in one box. Please try to keep them in separate cartons so we can properly store your goods.
- We require the production date if the product has a lot of code but no expiration.
Why do we do Lot Tracking and Expiration?
- This process ensures that we are shipping your oldest product first and if it does go past expiration. We will stop shipping that lot so your customers always get the correct product.
- Each lot is stored in its own location to ensure that nothing gets mixed or combined.
- By default, we will stop shipping products 45 days from their expiration date. If you would like to modify this time frame please update your settings.
Recalls and Damaged Product
- If your product experiences a recall at any time, please let us know the affected lot number as soon as possible so that we can quarantine the units immediately.
- If your recall is due to quality, we can hold your product for up to 30 days, waiting for your direction on what to do with the product.
- If your recall is due to mold, fungus, or hazardous conditions, we will have to dispose of the affected units or have them removed immediately to prevent contamination of other products in the warehouse.
- If there is damage to any tracked product, we will set the units aside and store them for 30 days, waiting for your direction before we get it.
- If any damaged units leak or have an open food source, the affected units will be deducted from your inventory and disposed of immediately.
- ShipHero Fulfillment locations are FDA approved and can hold any good that is shelf-stable and can be stored in ambient conditions.
- We currently do not store any product that requires temperature-controlled environments.
- It is at ShipHero's discretion to refuse products with inappropriate expiration dates.
- ShipHero will not change the lots and expiration dates on any product.
How to set up my lot tracking?
You will be able to modify your lots setup by accessing your settings in SFAPP:
1- Open your Settings FEFO (First Expired First Out) This is used to ensure that we are prioritizing inventory with the most recent expiration date to orders (for example, when shipping perishables)
2- Indicate the number of days that you want to disable picking before product expiration (to prevent expired products from being shipped to customers)
3- Set up an automated email reminder to receive a report about lots that are ready to expire.
Once your account is enabled for Lot and expiration, if you add a new product please check the lot box on the product
Important: We cannot ship expired products. If you have an expired product you have to create an order to remove it or we will need to dispose of it. Please follow the disposal process HERE