To ensure prompt shipment of your international orders, provide the necessary details for all products. This helps to avoid any potential delays in the shipping process.
To successfully add your products to the system, you must provide the customs value, country of manufacture, description name of the goods, and the corresponding Harmonized Tariff Schedule. ShipHero does not handle these codes nor offer advice. We recommend that you contact your product supplier for help.
- Custom Value: Customs valuation is generally based on the actual price of the goods, which is usually shown on the invoice. For example, if you ship 10 dresses valued at US$25.00 (or local currency equivalent), you would enter a customs value of US$250.00.If you have a Shopify store and the customs value and tariff code are entered in Shopify, we can pull in the details from your store.
- HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule)is based on the international Harmonized System, which is the global system of nomenclature applied to most world trade in goods. Codes can be searched here. Please contact your vendor or manufacturer if you need your tariff code.
- The country of manufacture of each product should be added using the 2-digit country code. (e.g. CHINA = CN).
How to add international details to your products?
- Navigate into the product section: https://sfapp.shiphero.com/dashboard/products/
- Click on the product that will be shipped outside the US and scroll to the lower right of the screen. You'll see a section called "International" where you can input the details. These details are required for classifying products going overseas.
- Also, you will need to complete the custom value for your product.
- Review the EU regulations notice HERE