If you are planning a new product launch or a major seasonal sale you can request the ability to input sell-ahead numbers directly on an inbound Shipping plan (Purchase Order). This allows you to begin selling immediately without waiting for the physical product to arrive at the warehouse at no additional cost.
Why is this beneficial?
ShipHero load balances inventory throughout our facilities, which may result in receiving your shipping plan in Warehouse A and immediately transferring a percentage of your goods to Warehouse B; this adds a delay in getting product inventory in the system, causing a delay in available units for sale on your store
Setting sell ahead allows you to begin selling with the ability to manage your customers' expectations around when their orders will ship. Read more about load balancing HERE.
How does it work and how can I request this feature?
1. Request the Sell-ahead option displayed on your app by opening a ticket with our support team HERE.
2. Once enabled, create a new Shipping Plan. Find steps HERE.
3. While in the Shipping plan is on a "draft" status, add the sell ahead QTY to each line item (you do not need to input a QTY for every SKU).
4. Click Save.
- You cannot input a sell-ahead number that is larger than the QTY inputted on the Shipping Plan; this helps you avoid overselling.
- Once you input the sell-ahead number and save the Shipping Plan, the sell-ahead QTY gets pushed to your store and cannot be edited on the Shipping Plan.
- You may not see the column to input sell-ahead numbers in your account if you didn't request this free option from our support team.