This article will answer your questions regarding ShipHero and Shipper's Insurance.
What is Shipper's Insurance?
Shipper's insurance provides additional protection against the financial impact of lost or damaged orders while in transit.
Yes, ShipHero offers shipping insurance for domestic shipments upon request.
Options to Add Shipper's Insurance
- Open a ticket with our Fulfillment Support team HERE. This is the best option for adding insurance to single orders.
- As a best practice for a single order request, we recommend placing a Client Hold on the order until the request is complete. Then, you will need to remove the Client Hold once you are ready for us to process it.
- Set up an automation rule that triggers Shipper's Insurance for orders that meet specific criteria.
How to File a Claim
If a claim needs to be made for an order with insurance that meets the covered requirements, open a ticket with our Carrier Claims Dept, HERE.
Insurance must be purchased for the following carriers in order to file a claim:
- UPS Mail Innovation
- Canada Post Regular Parcel
Check out our article for more information on How to File a Carrier Claim.
How Much Does Insurance Cost?
- There is a processing fee of $2 for each insured order, plus the declared coverage rate of $1 per $100.
- Total cost should be determined based on the wholesale cost of the goods in the order, not the selling price.
If insurance is requested for an order with a value of $800, a declared value charge of $8+$2 processing fee equals a total of $10 added to the shipping costs. If the order also requires signature, there may be an Unexpected Carrier Surcharge applied to the shipment; the surcharge will appear in the next UCS invoice
What Shipper's Insurance Covers & Doesn't Cover
Covered by Shipper's Insurance
- Missing shipment: The initial scan was confirmed, but there have been no tracking updates for over 15-20 business days since the initial scan.
- Damaged shipment: Product arrives with damages (Physical product damage, not box damage).
Not Covered by Shipper's Insurance
- Tracking Delivered: Tracking states "Delivered," but the customer claims the package is Missing/Stolen.
- Undeliverable Address: An invalid or incorrect address was provided by the customer.
- International Shipments
Note: During peak season, SLAs are subject to delays due to increased carrier demand.