- A Shipping plan is the SFAPP feature to tell us what products you Intend to ship, the quantities, and which shipping method you will use (i.e., small parcel, palletized shipments such as LTL, FTL, Container, etc.).
- Creating a shipping plan is the first step before sending ShipHero Fulfillment your products.
Why is the Shipping Plan needed?
- The shipping plan is crucial to determine your products' safety and proper receiving, avoiding non-compliance fees, loss, or rejected inventory.
- You can enable shipping plan notification HERE
- You can learn about your shipping plan statuses HERE
How can I create a Shipping plan?
You have 2 different ways to create a shipping plan:
- Uploading a box manifest will allow you to import your SKUs and quantities in a CSV file.
- Creating a shipping plan will allow you to manually select your SKUs and quantities.
You can watch this video to learn how to create a Shipping Plan for a small parcel shipment.
It's typically easier to choose this option when sending in a smaller shipping plan ( Small Parcel)
- Select the warehouse location you are going to be sending your goods
- Choose the products that you are going to be sending.
- Tell us how those products will be packed ( multiple SKUs in one box, separate SKUs per box, etc.)
- Select the correct shipment ( Small parcel, LTL, FTL, Container, etc.)
- Print the box or pallet labels to add them to the shipment before shipping.
You can watch this video to learn how to create a new Shipping plan when sending larger shipments.
This option is recommended when sending in larger shipments such as Less than load ( LTL), Full truckload (FTL) Containers, palletized shipments, etc.
Also, could you check our freight guidelines before shipping your goods?