At ShipHero Fulfillment, we pride ourselves on transparent, consistent and all-inclusive pricing. We have set our all-inclusive prices with a reasonable fuel charge included.
Due to the conflict in Russia/Ukraine and other world events, carrier fuel prices are projected to have unprecedented volatility for both ground and air.
As a result of this volatility, ShipHero will be implementing a diesel and kerosene-type fuel surcharge. This increase and process is inline with industry standards.
How This Will Work
Ground Fuel Surcharge
- The fuel surcharge is based on the National U.S. Average On-Highway Diesel Fuel Price (USD/Gallon).
- On Mondays at 5am EST we will check the weekly published National U.S. On-Highway Average Price for a gallon of diesel fuel. Link HERE.
- We will update your rates with the corresponding % at that time. The chart will be on our website, HERE.
- All orders that are shipped from that Monday - Sunday will include that week’s increased or decreased fuel surcharge
Jet Fuel Surcharge
- For 2 day, overnight and international the jet fuel surcharge is based on the U.S. Gulf Coast (USGC) price for kerosene-type jet fuel as reported by the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA).
- The surcharge will be based on the rate for the week prior, rounded to the nearest cent.
- Under USD $2.16 there is no surcharge. At $2.16 and above, see the chart HERE.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Client Support team at support@ShipHero.com. We appreciate your continued support for ShipHero.
*Diesel Surcharge is based on the weekly published national U.S. on-highway average price for a gallon of diesel fuel. Chart available HERE.
*Kerosene-type Surcharge is based on the U.S. Gulf Coast price as reported by the U.S. Energy Information Administration.