Yes, we offer shipping insurance for domestic shipments upon request. Contact email@example.com to inquire about this service. We do not recommend insurance for products under $150.
How Much Does Insurance Cost?
The declared coverage rate is $1 per $100. For example:
- Shipment is $800; the declared value charge would be at total of $8
- Processing fee for all insured orders: $2
- Insurance charge for the above example is $8 + $2 = $10
- If you also require a signature – there will be an additional fee of $7
Insurance Claim Process for Domestic Shipments:
- SF Customer contacts CS team about missing/issue shipment with order number
- ShipHero files claim with X carrier
- In the interim, ShipHero refunds SF customer’s account for X value of order to the bank account on file.
NOTE: Provide the order number and product sku in question.
Covered Under Insurance:
- Missing shipment: Initial scan confirmed, but no tracking updates over 15 days since initial scan.
- Damaged shipment: Product arrives with damages (physical product damage – not box damage).
NOTE: During peak season, SLA are subject to delays due to increased carrier demand.
Not Covered Under Insurance:
- Tracking Delivered: Tracking states “Delivered” but customer claims package is missing (stolen)
- Undeliverable Address: Invalid or incorrect address provided by customer
- International shipments are not covered under insurance plans