Why should I setup a ShipHero location in Shopify?
When you connect your Shopify store to ShipHero, Shopify will manage your inventory by default, this means that ShipHero will not push any inventory changes to Shopify. If you want ShipHero to manage your inventory (which is 99% of cases), you will need to setup a location in Shopify for ShipHero to push inventory changes to.
So, how do I setup this ShipHero location in Shopify?
- Log in to your Shopify store and click Settings on the bottom of the menu.
- Once you’re on the settings page, click Locations.
- Click Add Location on the top right.
- For the Location Name, copy and paste the name below that matches which ShipHero warehouse you’ve sent product to. Be sure the location name matches exactly as shown below, if it does not, then inventory will not be synced.
- ShipHero Columbus
- ShipHero Fort Worth
- ShipHero Garnerville
- ShipHero Lafayette
- ShipHero Las Vegas
- ShipHero Medley
- ShipHero Salt Lake City
- ShipHero Allentown
- Fulfill online orders from this location should be selected.
- Leave the address field empty.
- Click Save to save the location.
Now that you have the location setup, the next step is to add that location to the SKUs that you’ve sent to us. This will allow ShipHero to sync the physical inventory count from our warehouse to Shopify for each SKU that you sent to us.
Adding a location to a product in Shopify
- From the left menu, click Products and then click Inventory.
- Search for the SKUs that you added to the ShipHero Shipping Plan and select them.
- Once all SKUs have been selected, click the Edit Variants button.
- Click the Add Fields button and select the ShipHero location that you added.
- The column will default to Not Stocked. Click the Not Stocked and select “Stock at this location”. Leave the quantity as 0. ShipHero will automatically sync inventory once it’s received in the warehouse. You will need to do this for each row that says “Not Stocked”. To select all products, hold down SHIFT key and click down the list of on each product.
- Click Save to save your changes.
That’s it, you’re all done! Once the warehouse receives your product and it’s all put away, ShipHero will sync inventory to your Shopify store. We will continue to automatically sync inventory every time it changes in ShipHero, this includes when an order is placed, when a new shipping plan is received or when an item is restocked from a return.
Troubleshooting and FAQs
I’ve followed the steps to add a location but none of my products’ inventory match what’s in ShipHero.
If the location is setup and it’s added to the products you’ve sent to us and inventory is still not syncing then that could mean that the location name might be wrong. Ensure that you’ve copied and pasted the location name exactly as it’s shown in this guide. Double check that there’s no spaces before or after the name as well.
I’ve added a new product to Shopify and sent that product to your warehouse. It shows that you’ve received it but Shopify still shows 0 inventory.
If it’s just this one SKU that is not syncing inventory, confirm that you’ve added the ShipHero location to the product. That step can be easily forgotten, especially when creating new SKUs in Shopify.
I’m using more than what ShipHero warehouse. Do I need to setup a location for each warehouse?
Yes. Repeat the steps in this guide for each ShipHero warehouse that you’re using.
Will ShipHero overwrite my inventory if I’m using ShipHero and another 3PL?
Nope, that’s the beauty of Shopify Locations 🙂 ShipHero will only push inventory to our locations in Shopify. We will not touch inventory in a location that is not ours.