- A Stock Keeping Unit or SKU is a number that is assigned to a product for the purpose of inventory management. A SKU is an unique identifier assigned to each product for a more efficient record-keeping.
ShipHero imports the SKUs that you created on your store to identify your product. They must be unique across all your products and their variants. For example, if you’re selling a Red Dress and it comes in two sizes, the SKU’s would look something like this:
This is how the product will be imported from the store into ShipHero
- A barcode or UPC (Universal Product Code) is a method of representing data in a visual machine-readable form. Barcodes contain represented data by varying the width and spacing of parallel lines.
- No duplicate barcodes preferable.
- Must be at least 5 digits and no more than 25 digits.
- No non-standard characters (such as an emoji)
- No spaces before or after.
- If you don’t generate a UPC for each product on the store the ShipHero app will auto-generate one for you.
- All barcodes must be printed on white background with black print.
- Barcode data in the product MUST match the Barcode data in ShipHero product page.
- You can print barcodes directly from the ShipHero application or apply your own
- You can edit your barcodes or SKUs on our ShipHero product page only before you sent inventory to the warehouse. After that you must contact our customer support.
Barcode preferred size: 52.5 mm x 29.7mm. Must be smaller than 2″ x 3“
ShipHero supports the following barcode types:
CODE 39 ASCII (EXTENDED)
CODE 39 Trioptic
DISCRETE 2 OF 5
EAN 128 + COMPOSITE
GS1 DATABAR EXPANDED STACKED
GS1 DATABAR EXTENDED
GS1 DATABAR LIMITED
INTERLEAVED 2 OF 5
KOREAN 3 OF 5
MATRIX 2 OF 5
RSS EXPANDED STACKED
UPC E (0)