- A Stock Keeping Unit or SKU is a number that is assigned to a product for the purpose of inventory management. A SKU is an unique identifier assigned to each product for a more efficient record-keeping.
ShipHero imports the SKUs that you created on your store to identify your product. They must be unique across all your products and their variants. For example, if you’re selling a Red Dress and it comes in two sizes, the SKU’s would look something like this:
This is how the product will be imported from the store into ShipHero
- A barcode is a method of representing data in a visual, machine-readable form. Barcodes contains represented data by varying the widths and spacings of parallel lines.
- No duplicate barcodes preferable.
- Must be at least 5 digits and no more than 25 digits.
- No non-standard characters (such as an emoji)
- No spaces before or after.
- If you don’t generate a UPC for each product on the store the ShipHero app will auto-generate one for you.
- All barcodes must be printed on white background with black print.
- Barcode data MUST match the Barcode data in ShipHero
- You can print barcodes directly from the ShipHero application or apply your own
- You can change your barcodes or SKUs on our ShipHero product page before you have sent inventory to the warehouse.
Barcode size: 52.5 mm x 29.7mm. Must be smaller than 2″ x 3″.
ShipHero supports the following barcode types:
CODE 39 ASCII (EXTENDED)
CODE 39 Trioptic
DISCRETE 2 OF 5
EAN 128 + COMPOSITE
GS1 DATABAR EXPANDED STACKED
GS1 DATABAR EXTENDED
GS1 DATABAR LIMITED
INTERLEAVED 2 OF 5
KOREAN 3 OF 5
MATRIX 2 OF 5
RSS EXPANDED STACKED
UPC E (0)